Monday, April 7, 2008

Join the Line



By all means, get in line!! One of the things I've learned while living in Hungary is that if you see a line, it's almost always a good idea to get in it! Most of the lines I'm talking about involve food--langos (fried pastry topped with sour cream, garlic, and cheese), fornetti (pastry stuffed with a variety of yummy things--fruit, cheese, mushrooms), ice-cream. Or in this case--HAMBURGERS!
Rob and I went to a small town for a weekend birthday celebration. Every time we passed this little window stand, there was a line. There was a line at 6pm, 9am, 11am, 3pm. So, on Saturday, we got in it! And we were very happy we did! We enjoyed the best hamburgers we've ever eaten in this country. And the french fries were better than McDonald's.
Not to be outdone by the citizens of Gyula, we decided to be FIRST in line on Sunday--which meant eating lunch at 11am. It was just as delicious the second time around!

1 comment:

KimD said...

Great post! Sounds like a fun birthday trip.